Art of Starting Sales Conversations
by Ng Ping Ping & Gael Lee
Why You Should Attend This Course
Many people find it difficult to carry on a business conversation or undertake “small talk”, but if you do it right, the payoff can be big. The late Mark McCormack, founder and chairman of International Management Group (now IMG) once said, “All things being equal, people will buy from a friend. All things being not quite so equal, people will still buy from a friend”. So the first step to starting a potential business relationship would be trying to know the other party better. Yet, we cannot simply fire a barrage of questions at the other party. There has to be give and take. The simplest way to engage in this give and take would be to make small talk.
Art of Starting Sales Conversations discusses the whole process of making small talk from the rationale for making small talk, to making follow-up plans. The course will cover initiating a conversation, carrying on a conversation and exiting the conversation. Also covered are language tips, interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- Develop Communication Skills to Start Sales Conversation
- Understand Impact of Casual Conversation in Sales
- Know the Essentials of Conversation Making
- Understand the Importance of Creating “The Moments” in Daily Interactions
- Develop Elevator Sales Conversation
- Why, When and How to Start a Conversation – The Value of Small Talk
- Essential Sales Conversation Skills
- Creating Positive First Impressions – The First Few Minutes
- Understanding the Sales Communication Process and its Influence and Impact
- Establishing Credibility, Trustworthiness and Rapport
- Getting Attention and Giving Compliments – Conversation Starters
- Awareness of the Communication Styles of Different Races
- Elevator Sales Pitches and Casual Conversations
- Ice-Breakers Leading on to More Formal Business Discussions
- Go On, make the first move: Initiating a Conversation
- Sizing up the other party – what to ask?
- Starting conversation with opposite sex
- Joining an existing/ongoing conversation – Remembering names and contacts
- The Setting (office, cocktail party, conference) – Talk the Talk: Maintaining a Conversation
- Asking Questions and Active Listening
- Meaning of Gestures and Motions in Communication
- Mind Your Language: Language, Interpersonal and Cultural Tips
Everyone who comes into contact with customers with the aim of establishing a business relationship.
Ng Ping Ping is a powerful coach who helps companies and their personnel grow in their professional and personal journey. Charismatic and enthusiastic, she is a one of a kind trainer. Her unique blend of theory, married with experiential dimensions provide more than a cognitive learning process.
Ping Ping uses her broad experience gained through various roles in multinational companies in all her training sessions. She has had exposure in client relationship management, service quality, branding/marketing from the leadership roles she has held in the past.
With intensive hands on experience in operations and merchandising for the fashion and retail industry of leading brands, she have been trained to have a keen eye for detail. Her clientele hails from countries across the globe, cutting across the width of the whole social strata rung. Having worked and lived in many countries, she has kept up to date with the different trends and cultures in different markets and is easily adaptable to train different groups.
The key areas she trains includes Communication, Sales, Branding & Marketing, Negotiation Skills, Customer Service, and Self-Empowerment issues.
Her natural charisma, ability to captivate and keep her audience focused is a key factor for the exceptional results she attains consistently.
From her years of work experience she is able to bring direct relevance to the classroom experience.
A firm believer in lifelong learning she applies current methodologies of learning in the training programs that she conducts.
Ping Ping graduated with Bachelors of Commerce, specialising in Banking, Finance and Management from Murdoch University, Western Australia. She is currently an associate trainer with the Centre For Communication And Sales Training Pte Ltd.
Gael Leeis a corporate trainer, educator, copywriter and small business owner who specialises in business communication topics. In her multiple roles, she has had the opportunity to meet many different types of people and communicate with people at all levels, from tertiary students, to civil service officers, managers, directors and CEOs.
In her former career as a book editor she has successfully struck conversations with authors as diverse as an anthropologist traipsing the jungles of the Irian Jaya to a well-known investment guru. Importantly, her rapport and conversational skills have helped her strike a number of important business deals. In her roles as educator and trainer, she has built numerous business relationships that have enabled her to lecture at various tertiary institutions and conduct corporate training at a number of public seminars as well as to direct clients.
Gael holds a Masters of Arts Degree (Language Studies) awarded by the National University of Singapore. As a corporate trainer, her workshops include those on Copywriting for Marketing Materials, Writing for Publications, Writing for Social Media, Effective Pronunciation and Speech, Personal Branding, Handling Written Complaints and Contemporary Business Writing. Her corporate training clients include government agencies and private associations.
16 – 17 Sep 2021
13 – 14 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- SDF Available (Non-WSQ) Code: CRS-N-0026961
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount