Delivering Impactful Presentations
by Raymond Thomas
Why You Should Attend This Course
Being able to present well is one of the most important communication skills in the business world today. It can be a vital link between business and opportunities. Every day, millions of people present all over the world and companies project their image and reputation through these presentations. Therefore, how we conduct presentations will bring success to the organization on the whole.
When you make an impactful presentation, you not only leave your audience with a positive impression but also achieve, if not exceed, the desired objectives. Great presenters grab more attention, close more deals, exude confidence and conviction, inspire customers to take action and colleagues to follow their vision.
In this 4-sessions (2×90-min Zoom runs) practical and experiential Delivering Effective Presentations workshop, Raymond Thomas will lead you through the essential aspects for enhancing your skills to inform, persuade and engage the different audiences as well as to communicate effectively and persuasively.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define objectives and clear outcomes
- Understand the audience and their needs
- Develop clear message aligned to the outcome
- Manage self before presentation
- Adopt effective strategies for presentation
- Practice audience adaptation by adjusting to their speaking style
- Prepare effective visuals
- Enhance skills by evaluating feedback and outcomes
The Remote Learning session via Zoom, It will include knowledge facilitation sessions, paired discussions, video presentations, and some group work. Participants will be encouraged to participate and share work and personal related examples. All participants will receive a comprehensive e-workbook with take away that can be applied and practiced in the workplace.
The Remote Learning session will be conducted in 4-sessions of 2-runs of 90-mins per day with 15-minute breaks. This will be a total of 12 hours.
Duration & Group Size:
Maximum 12 participants
12-hours (Each session comprises of 2-runs of 90-mins with 15-mins break in-between)
- Ensure Wi-Fi stability throughout the entire remote program.
- Preferred means of following the remote program is either desktop or laptop.
- Audio and video features must be made available for communications between instructor and participants. No participants will be admitted without audio or video transmission.
- Participants are committed to attend all sessions on a prompt and on-time basis.
- Video recording of sessions will not be released to participants.
- PDPA rules apply. All individual presentations are only used for the specific purpose of feedback.
- New business executives who want to sharpen their skills in business presentation.
- Business executives and organisational talent-pool participants who desire actionable tools and skills to reinforce their career and management positions.
- Seasoned managers who want to brush up on new skills related to business presentations.
- Senior managers who want practical tools and skills in leading staff members towards effective presentations.
Raymond Thomas is an entrepreneur, leadership consultant, facilitator and coach. He has collaborated with many local and multinational organizations to provide value added consulting, learning & development and coaching experiences for middle to senior management.
He has more than 30 years’ experience in leadership roles with large multinational corporations specializing in leadership management, focused on functional areas of operations, sales and marketing.
Raymond Thomas has held several key positions with Motorola & Western Digital since 1987. He has worked with MNCs in Asia Pacific, USA and Australia where he has engaged and inspired change elements, especially in the area of leadership communication, sales and marketing, presentation skills, innovation and process management. Being a process oriented individual, he coaches’ leaders to characterize, review, optimize and fine-tune systems to the needs of the stakeholders.
He focuses on helping organisations develop high potential talents who are earmarked for future leadership positions. He also conducts leadership boot-camps for Emerging and Advanced leaders. He has worked with various partners including Citibank, Singapore Airlines, SingTel, Development Bank of Singapore, Maybank, NTU, SingHealth, Raffles Medical Group, Knight Frank Estate Management, Jones Lang Laselle, Cycle & Carriage, Resort World Singapore, Singapore Power, Tuas Power, ST Electronics, PSA, Pan Pacific Hotel, CAAS, Keppel Shipyard, NTUC, Ministry of Manpower, A-Star, Singapore Police Force, Singapore Customs and many other organizations both in the public and corporate sector.
He is a Certified Associate of Emergenetics, DiSC Certified Behavioral & Career Consultant (Institute of Motivational Living) and Watson Glaser II Certified Coach (Cognitive Effectiveness). These tools are integrated into his coaching practices and developmental programs to ascertain the baseline of individuals prior to commencing on a desired objective. These tools are also used on a post-intervention basis to realize the transformation in a specific area. He is also a certified and practicing coach with a Certificate from Neuroleadership Institute. He focuses on executives and leaders especially in the areas of performance and result based coaching.
He is a Professional Speaker with the Association for Professional Speakers Singapore where he served as the President in 2014-2015. Raymond is also an adjunct lecturer at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and for Singapore Institute of Management (SIM). In addition, he was a recipient of the Teaching Merit Award from SIM in 2014.
Raymond Thomas has a master’s degree in Business Administration (State University of New York at Buffalo, USA) & a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Swinburne University of Technology, Australia). He is also certified ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) practitioner.
27 – 28 Sep 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount