Developing Influencing Skills to Achieve Successful Outcomes
by Cecilia Sim
Why You Should Attend This Course
How do you get people to see things your way? How do you use influence to connect, create trust and gain support your proposals or ideas? How do you change minds and convert opponents for collaboration?
Masters of influence have greater influence than the formal power. With the art of influencing, they capture the attention of people, build positive interaction, empower others and get a ‘yes’ most of time when selling their ideas. They are able to connect emotionally and rationally with the stakeholders for buy-in of shared goals, reduce resistance, encourage team work and end the war games of defensive arguments for maximum result.
- Practice influencing techniques, strategies and styles to achieve desired outcomes
- Develop new influence behaviours to get people accepting yours ideas, initiatives and recommendations
- Create personal plan to enhance your influencing skills
- Influencing begins with personal competencies and characteristics
- Gain insight of influence behaviours use by yourself and others
- Understand influence model and influence map to win support
- Increase your sphere of influence to manage workplace challenges
- Practice 6 key principles of influencing to increase your influencing skills
- Adapt your influencing styles to accommodate different situations and people
- Practice ethical and honest tactics to influence and persuade for buy-in and commitment
- Present positive body language and assertiveness when influencing others
- Apply powerful phrases to deal with people in challenging situations
- Practice persuasive communication to address needs and minimize defensiveness
- Work with people who have different communication styles from yours
Leaders, managers, supervisors, senior executives and anyone who needs to influence others in a positive way for achieving greater results.
Cecilia Sim, Corporate Facilitator
Cecilia strongly believes that people can develop their potential at both the personal and professional level. She is highly enthusiastic and motivated in facilitating participants to uncover and develop their personal and professional potentials. Being a practitioner, she facilitates and engages participants by using simulated real-life cases and practical examples to enhance their learning and application. Cecilia includes gap analysis training methodology and walks participants through the self-discovery process to review workplace experiences, highlight necessary changes, and revitalizes the next few action steps for personal development and better results.
She has strong people skills and cross-border experiences in working with participants across different industries and cultures in the region. Cecilia has more than 25 years of extensive industry experiences from her various roles as trainer/facilitator, pre-sales consultant, assistant director, and General Managers across the MNC, SMEs, and Start-ups of various industries including IT, education, membership, and management consulting. Her responsibilities for director and general management role include portfolio repositioning, change management, performance management and sales results of her team and organization.
Cecilia is a bilingual facilitator and has broad experience in facilitating training for thousands of companies from different industries. Her key competencies include corporate training, course development, mentoring, and management consultancy services in the areas of sales, marketing, management, communication and customer services. The participants in which she has conducted for public and in-house company training include C-level, senior managements, executives and professionals at local, regional and international levels.
Her partial list of corporate clients in addition to public seminars include A* Star, American Express, Bhutan Royal Insurance, Cargo Community Network, CrimsonLogic, Premier Rent-A-Car, Far East Organization, Ferring Pharmaceutical, Fugro Satellite Positioning, GFK, Güntner Asia Pacific, MTU Asia, Novartis (Thailand), Nitto Denko, Kennametal, Rutledge, Spa Esprit Group, City Bank, Chubb Singapore, Step Oiltools, Weatherford (Brunei), Sumitomo Chemical Asia, Pico Electronics, National Instruments, NTUC, Singapore Tourism Board amongst others.
Cecilia holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Adelaide (Australia), and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Northeastern University, Boston, USA (Honor, major in Management Information System). She also holds the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and WSQ Certified trainer for Service Professional (CSP) trainer, GEMS (going the extra miles). She is a certified KPI professional by KPI Institute.
04 – 05 Oct 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- SDF Available (Non-WSQ) Code: CRS-N-0034727
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount