Driving Critical Skills and Habits for Personal and Professional Effectiveness
by Cecilia Sim
Why You Should Attend This Course
Highly effective persons have the capabilities and confidence to lead a more successful work-life balance. They tend to be more resilient in facing challenges and dealing with changes brought about by the new normal. The tougher the challenges, the more proactively they are to capitalize on critical skills and positive habits to maintain a happier work and personal life.
This workshop focuses on knowledge and application of critical skills and positive habits that bring individuals to their best personal and professional effectiveness, helping them to sail through an unpredictable changing environment, and support business growth and personal well-being.
- Gain insight on personal effectiveness and habits to bring out your best
- Develop a set of critical skills and good habits for personal and organizational success
- Be confident to apply social skills to understand others’ perspective for positive conversation, problem-solving, conflicts handling, and relationship building
- Cultivate team synergy and a win-win mindset for better work collaboration and outcomes
- Keep healthy emotions and physical fitness to achieve a more satisfying work-life balance
- Understand the characteristics, skills and habits of highly effective people
- Cultivate proactiveness, accountability and change readiness in a disruptive time
- Plan SMART goals to achieve individual, team and organizational desired outcomes
- Apply the 4-quadrant time management matrix to focus on relevant activities for personal productivity and work results
- Apply active listening and questioning skills to share thoughts, exchange feelings for mutual understanding of perspectives and situations
- Adopt effective communication to work well with others
- Practice EQ and empathy for problem-solving, conflict handling and relationship building
- Develop influencing skills to engage and motivate others to contribute their best
- Practice giving and receiving feedback constructively to seek individual and team understanding, consensus and cooperation for synergy at work
- Develop a team-based approach to collaborate with others to achieve win-win outcomes
- Cultivate a win-win mindset for a collaborative and healthy working relationship
- Develop a growth mindset to adopt, adapt and apply new skills to interact well with others
- Plan to be physically fit and mentally resilient for a meaningful life journey
This is a practical, interactive and lively workshop using realistic scenarios in which the participants engage in Interactive mini-lectures, simulated workplace case study/scenarios, review discussions, role play as well as self/peer/facilitator assessment and feedback.
Individual, professional and any staff across all levels seeking to excel at personal effectiveness to enhance personal productivity and workplace performance to achieve a work-life success.
Cecilia Sim strongly believes that people can develop positive behavioural capabilities and skillset for personal and professional excellence. Being a practitioner, she is well-versed with practical strategies when facilitating participants and strongly effective in sharing real-life experiences, inspiring for changed mindsets and motivating personnel for better results.
Cecilia has conducted training for thousands of companies across different industries and cultures in local, regional and international. She adopts a gap analysis training methodology to facilitate participants through experiential self-discovery. Her practical approach helps participants to gain self-awareness of personal effectiveness, opportunity areas for improvements, and to be proactively ready in action steps for personal development and better results.
Cecilia has more than 25 years of extensive experience in industries such as IT, education, membership and management consulting. Her previous roles include trainer/facilitator, pre-sales consultant, assistant director, and General Managers. Her job responsibilities span across portfolio/brand positioning, change management, performance management to sales performance. She continues to offer training solutions in her expertise in sales, marketing, communication, change and performance management.
Cecilia holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Adelaide, Australia, Bachelor of Business Administration (Honor, major in Management Information System) from Northeastern University, Boston, USA. She also holds the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and as a WSQ Certified trainer for Service Professional (CSP) and GEMS (going the extra miles). She is a certified KPI professional by the KPI Institute. She is the Founder of Softskills Net, a training and management consulting firm focused on developing people to their best at both personal and professional levels.
23 – 24 Sep 2021
20 – 21 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- Group size: up to 12 persons
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount