Effective Marketing Management
by Andrew Cheah
Almost everything we do in today’s business or public world invokes heavy competitive pressure: customer habits change, new competitors appear, factors outside your control could dampen or delay your plans. But we cannot allow ourselves to be paralyzed; we need to think strategically, plan in ways which are executable, and make decision as to what actions to take to minimize disruptions to our plans. In the final analysis, company vision is only good when we are able to converge and execute respective units’ efforts and achievements toward the organizational goals.
On completing the programme, participants will be able to:-
- Understand and Develop the strategic direction;
- Identify the Company strengths and weaknesses and take advantage to match internal capability with external opportunity
- Identify markets and competitions
- Formulate possible strategies and align organizational directions
- Measure and Deliver superior operational and financial results
- Use tools to Implement and execute effectively
Newly promoted managers, those with high potentials who are being groomed to take on more strategic roles, Middle Management and above
Combination of lecture, with practical/hands-on approach such as role-plays, case studies, presentation, commentary on other companies/industries, and/or video.
1. Start from the beginning: Fundamental Stage of how business works
- What is our “business”?
- Why do we choose this business?
- Strategic Planning Introduction
- The Value Curve Application in Strategic initiatives
- Business idea generation
- What is our vision?
- Align the various functional activities
2. Tools to help you: Information & Analytical Stage
a. Market Analysis:
- The Growth-Share Matrix: definition, case application
- Competitive Environment: the 5 Forces – definition, case, commentary, what can we do
b. Financial Analysis
- Break Even Analysis
- Concept of NPV
- Risk Management using PESTEL factors: introduction and case application
3. Action Stage: Putting it all together
a. Strategic Planning Workshop: What do we need to do to achieve the Vision?
b. Tools to help KPIs: SMART goals and Parkinson Principle
c. Converting Vision to Reality: Systemize KPI to help achieve company’s vision – measurement, management, and intervention
Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specialising in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioral change, and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from such diverse industries as banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of which winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc. Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. His experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist (New York), in addition to being a qualified ISO 9000 assessor.
06 – 07 Sep 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount