Effective Sales Leadership and Management for Peak Sales Performance
by Cecilia Sim
Why You Should Attend This Course
Successful organizations understand that business depends not only on how sales managers manage the departmental functions but also how they lead others to address challenges and achieve greater organizational performance. These highly effective sales managers and leaders are nurturing their people to stay focused, disciplined and committed to excel in their sales performance. Through effective leadership and management roles, sales managers and leaders emerge well and sustain the team performance in the rapidly changing competitive environment.
This workshop aims to help new and middle-level sales managers to develop their relevant leadership competencies beyond the management role to enhance the team’s personal professional growth as well as achieving better sales results.
- Understand the sales management and leadership knowledge to drive salesforce towards achieving sales productivity
- Develop the sales management and leadership competencies and skills set inspire, motivate, coach and accelerate their salespeople’s performance
- Analyse and explore business opportunities, and synergize with teams to develop relevant sales strategies in alignment with organizational capabilities for business sustainability
- Understand the difference between sales leadership and sales management
- Learn the characteristics and competencies of an effective sales manager
- Apply strategic planning to build a sales plan that guides and aligns sales teams with the
- Plan for sales hiring, sales onboarding, talent development and retention
- Determine SMART Goals and Key Performance Indicators to set a clear direction for individual and team performance
- Re-think, adapt and optimize the sales process to enhance sales team productivity and sales opportunities
- Understand the sales pipeline metric, activities and strategies to maintain a healthy sales pipeline
- Understand the types of stakeholders the sales team is collaborating with, and plan for effective execution of sales strategies and action plans
- Practice active listening and questioning techniques to create positive conversations and engagements with the sales teams during sales meetings
- Apply the Grow Model for One-on-One coaching to inspire and motivate individuals and sales teams to be accountable in achieving sales results
- Sharpen feedback skills when conducting One-on-One coaching, sales, and performance appraisal meeting
- Apply effective leadership styles to lead salespeople to overcome sales challenges and stay relevant in their current business context
This workshop is practical, interactive and lively. It walks participants through highly interactive workplace business scenarios, in which they can internalize the learning and practice their knowledge, strategies, skills/techniques for takeaway to jobs. Learning activities include:
- Interactive discussions and presentations,
- Skills-building exercises,
- Simulation/workplace case studies
- Role-playing exercises
New and middle-level sales managers, sales leaders and business owners who integrate functional and strategic roles to develop a high-performing team.
Cecilia Sim strongly believes that people can develop positive behavioural capabilities and skillset for personal and professional excellence. Being a practitioner, she is well-versed with practical strategies when facilitating participants and strongly effective in sharing real-life experiences, inspiring for changed mindsets and motivating personnel for better results.
Cecilia has conducted training for thousands of companies across different industries and cultures in local, regional and international. She adopts a gap analysis training methodology to facilitate participants through experiential self-discovery. Her practical approach helps participants to gain self-awareness of personal effectiveness, opportunity areas for improvements, and to be proactively ready in action steps for personal development and better results.
Cecilia has more than 25 years of extensive experience in industries such as IT, education, membership and management consulting. Her previous roles include trainer/facilitator, pre-sales consultant, assistant director, and General Managers. Her job responsibilities span across portfolio/brand positioning, change management, performance management to sales performance. She continues to offer training solutions in her expertise in sales, marketing, communication, change and performance management.
Cecilia holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Adelaide, Australia, Bachelor of Business Administration (Honor, major in Management Information System) from Northeastern University, Boston, USA. She also holds the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and as a WSQ Certified trainer for Service Professional (CSP) and GEMS (going the extra miles). She is a certified KPI professional by the KPI Institute. She is the Founder of Softskills Net, a training and management consulting firm focused on developing people to their best at both personal and professional levels.
13 – 14 Sep 2021
13 – 14 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- Group size: up to 12 persons
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount