Effective Stakeholder management and engagement for successful collaboration
by Cecilia Sim
Why You Should Attend This Course
High-performing people understand the success of projects, and organizational performance depends on how well one can engage and gain stakeholders’ support, resources and commitment.
They are equipped with the knowledge, skills and strategies to identify who their stakeholders are, gain insights into the stakeholders’ needs and expectations, plan and implement appropriate engagement strategies to address each type of stakeholders to get jobs done.
- Enhance your knowledge, skills and competencies in managing and engaging stakeholders for positive working relationship and long-term business benefits
- Apply effective stakeholder management and engagement strategies to achieve the desired outcomes for all stakeholders
- Develop a personal stakeholder management/engagement action plan ready for implementation
- Contrast stakeholder management and stakeholder engagement, their importance and impact to achieve the desired business/relationship outcomes
- Identify types of stakeholders for engagement and accessibility within the internal and external environments
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to understand stakeholder needs, interests, expectations and influences for better outcomes
- Categorize the stakeholders based on their characteristics for better engagement and relationship building
- Map stakeholder communication strategies (online and offline) to address to the needs of different types of stakeholders
- Practice active listening, questioning, feedback techniques to gain stakeholders understanding, resolve conflicts, gain support and trust
- Present positive body language and powerful phrases to address the stakeholders’ concerns, resistance and to minimize defensiveness
- Work with stakeholders who have different communication styles and personalities from yours
- Apply effective stakeholder engagement strategies and techniques to create more collaborative relationships
- Adopt best practices to monitor, report and update stakeholder progress and working relationships
- Get ready the action plan (including stakeholder analysis matrix, relationship grids, and communication plan) for workplace implementation
All participants will be involved actively in the stakeholder management process and engagement strategies to apply their skills and knowledge on the simulated workplace cases. A set of worksheets/matrixes/templates will be used for conducting stakeholder analysis and to develop strategies to achieve the desired results for all stakeholders.
The learning activities include:
- interactive discussions and presentations,
- skill-building exercise,
- role-playing exercises
- simulation/workplace case studies
- peer/group feedback and facilitator debriefing
Anyone (including professional, managers, executives and senior management) across all functional departments and levels of management who have the interest to master the skills of managing and engaging stakeholders
Cecilia Sim, Corporate Facilitator
Cecilia strongly believes that people can develop their potential at both the personal and professional level. She is highly enthusiastic and motivated in facilitating participants to uncover and develop their personal and professional potentials. Being a practitioner, she facilitates and engages participants by using simulated real-life cases and practical examples to enhance their learning and application. Cecilia includes gap analysis training methodology and walks participants through the self-discovery process to review workplace experiences, highlight necessary changes, and revitalizes the next few action steps for personal development and better results.
She has strong people skills and cross-border experiences in working with participants across different industries and cultures in the region. Cecilia has more than 25 years of extensive industry experiences from her various roles as trainer/facilitator, pre-sales consultant, assistant director, and General Managers across the MNC, SMEs, and Start-ups of various industries including IT, education, membership, and management consulting. Her responsibilities for director and general management role include portfolio repositioning, change management, performance management and sales results of her team and organization.
Cecilia is a bilingual facilitator and has broad experience in facilitating training for thousands of companies from different industries. Her key competencies include corporate training, course development, mentoring, and management consultancy services in the areas of sales, marketing, management, communication and customer services. The participants in which she has conducted for public and in-house company training include C-level, senior managements, executives and professionals at local, regional and international levels.
Her partial list of corporate clients in addition to public seminars include A* Star, American Express, Bhutan Royal Insurance, Cargo Community Network, CrimsonLogic, Premier Rent-A-Car, Far East Organization, Ferring Pharmaceutical, Fugro Satellite Positioning, GFK, Güntner Asia Pacific, MTU Asia, Novartis (Thailand), Nitto Denko, Kennametal, Rutledge, Spa Esprit Group, City Bank, Chubb Singapore, Step Oiltools, Weatherford (Brunei), Sumitomo Chemical Asia, Pico Electronics, National Instruments, NTUC, Singapore Tourism Board amongst others.
Cecilia holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Adelaide (Australia), and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Northeastern University, Boston, USA (Honor, major in Management Information System). She also holds the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and WSQ Certified trainer for Service Professional (CSP) trainer, GEMS (going the extra miles). She is a certified KPI professional by KPI Institute.
27 – 28 Sep 2021
27 – 28 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount