Facilitating Productive Meetings
by Madeline Ernest
Why You Should Attend This Course
Meetings are a necessary component in the workplace. However, there are times when insufficient thought and planning goes into the preparation of a meeting. As a result, the meeting may commence with an unclear direction and end with no real decisions or action points.
Leading effective meetings requires a skill set to ensure meetings are result-oriented; be it to solve problems, to brainstorm or to share information.
The aim of the workshop is to arm the participants with the necessary techniques and strategies, that will ensure they are able to lead productive meetings.
At the end of the workshop, the participants will
- Understand the value of meetings as a management tool
- Recognise the critical planning step that makes meeting time more effective
- Understand how to craft better agendas and meeting objectives
- Identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion
- Understand strategies to better manage meeting challenges
- Holding Productive Meetings
a. 3Ps – Prepare, participate & productive
b. Distinguishing different types of meetings and outcomes
- Preparing for a successful meeting
a. Developing meeting objectives
b. Customising the requirements to the participants
c. Timing & punctuality
a. Moving beyond a template
b. Matters Arising
- The Role of the Meeting Facilitator
a. Solicit opinions
b. Present information/clarify
c. Lead participants to a consensus
- Meeting Challenges
a. Common problems faced and possible solutions
Those in middle management and have to lead/facilitate a host of meetings.
Madeline Ernest has more than 10 years of experience in education and in-house training. She started her career as an educator. After which, she made an exciting leap into the world of advertising and brand communications, where she chalked up 14 years of valuable experience at renowned global agencies, working on prestigious international brands, including Visa International, Samsung and Adidas. She left the world of advertising in 2009 to purse an MBA at James Cook University (Singapore).
The ability to engage, influence and inspire comes easily to Madeline as its part of her DNA. Madeline has a unique advantage of blending her experiences from the vibrant advertising industry that is underpinned with her training as a qualified educator. Having been trained as an educator, Madeline is able to help simplify language rules, provide strategies, avoiding language pitfalls on how best to handle business writing.
Madeline has facilitated training sessions on a wide spectrum of topics, which broadly fall into the cluster areas of Branding, Communication and Effectiveness.
An enthusiastic and a creative trainer, Madeline has trained senior management and non-executive staff alike and is able to pitch the content accordingly.
Madeline specialises in:
- Critical Thinking
- The Art of Leading and Managing People
- Communicating with Confidence and Clarity
- Working with A Multi-Generational Workforce
- Customer Service – The Art of Saying No Positively
- Leading and Managing Effective Meetings
- Personal Effectiveness
- Business Writing – Report and Proposal Writing, Effective Emails, Effective Writing Skills, Writing Agendas and Minutes
- Root Cause Analysis
- Taking the Initiative at Work
- Winning with Difficult People
Her clients include AGC, Singapore Academy of Law, Allianz SE Asia, Fuji Xerox, National Gallery, Pacific Life Re Limited, YKK AP, Clarins, MINDS, RichLand Logistics, Nagase, Hilton Asia Pacific, Raffles Medical Group, Twitter, PSA, Singapore Turf Club, Income, Spring Singapore, RR Donnelly Financial Services, B Braun, SP Services, Wartsila, ST Aerospace, Singtel, M1, Marvell Asia, NTN-Bearing, Taiyo-Yuden, Singapore Police Force, SNEF, ISCA, Restaurant Association of Singapore and Singapore Press Holdings.
28 Oct 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount