Go Digital: Ecommerce For SMEs Workshop
by Martin Ross
Why You Should Attend This Course
With the increasing number of people shopping online its becoming more important for business to take advantage of this sales channel and reach customers globally and not just your local market. In this 2-day workshop will learn what really works and what to avoid to run your ecommerce store successfully.
In addition to e-store development, this course also provides essential marketing methods for e-commerce, including SEO, web analytics, conversion rate and shop feeds to social media and Google.
Learn practical and useful information from seasoned digital marketing trainer that has worked with numerous corporations and SMEs.
- Create a functional e-commerce platform
- Optimise your website and e-store
- Effectively market your e-store with digital
- Understand and analyse metrics to improve performance
1. Introduction to Ecommerce
- Selecting A Ecommerce Platform: Marketplace VS Own store
- Store Strategy: Audience, Product, Price
- Common Platforms: Shopify, Shopmatic, WooCommerce
2. Build Your Website / Ecommerce Store
- Creating the perfectly optimised homepage
- Ecommerce design principles
- Sharing your store’s story in a second
- Plugins & Third-Party Tools
- Blog Pages
3. Optimising Product Pages
- Category to Product pages
- The product information hierarchy – what information should go where?
- Writing the perfect product description
- The importance of imagery
- Upselling: Using recommendations to increase conversions
- How video can increase conversions
4. Web Analytics
- Implement Google Analytics
- Enhanced Ecommerce
- Understanding Web Traffic Metrics
5. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- On-Site & Off-Site SEO
- The Big 5 Must Do’s for SEO
- Product Feed to Google Merchant Centre & Facebook/Instagram
6. Digital Marketing
- Search Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media (Facebook & Instagram)
- Email subscriptions and rewards
7. Making the Sale
- Best Practices for Checkout pages
- One Click Checkouts
- Choosing and Using Payment Processors
- Understanding SSL
- Assessing and managing abandoned baskets
8. Protecting Your Customer and Yourself
- Protecting your customer data
- A basic understanding of PDPA & GDPR and Cookie messaging
- The essential legal information to include on your site
- Defining a returns policy
9. Q&A, Course Evaluation & Closing.
- Small and medium-sized businesses that want to add an e-commerce component to their business
- Businesses that want to reach a global audience
- Anyone that wants to start their own eCommerce business
Martin has over 20 year’s of marketing and consulting experience in various industries including broadcasting, advertising, publishing, IT and management consulting. He has consulted with clients on a range of business, management and leadership issues across the region including New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, S Korea, Japan and Hong Kong.
As an active marketer and facilitator he has done work with regional clients including, Microsoft, Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Resorts World Sentosa, Skyscanner, Visa International, Workforce Development Agency, Starwood Resorts, New Zealand Bank, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Singtel and many others. He also worked closely with the world’s leading media, creative agencies, publishers and their clients including, MEC Global, Zenith Optimedia, Mindshare, Universal McCann, XM Asia, OgilvyOne, Arc Worldwide, Yahoo!, Microsoft Advertising, AsiaOne, MediaCorp, BBC, CNN and many others.
He now owns and operates an independent digital marketing consultancy – coaching and consulting clients with their digital marketing strategy as well as presenting workshops at the Marketing Institute of Singapore and NTUC Learning Hub on digital topics.
Previously, Martin also held the position of Managing Director of Sizmek SEA, Director of Sales and Strategy for Ctrl/Shift and Managing Consultant of Worklife Asia.
09 Sep 2021
07 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount