Leading High Performance Virtual Teams
by Sanjay Mehta
Why You Should Attend This Course
In this practical and experiential Leading High Performance Virtual Teams program, our Master Consultants will share knowledge and practical tools in effective team leadership skills in a virtual environment. Leading a team of people can be a tough job as it is important to create the right conditions for people to work together with each other to meet deadlines and achieve their KPIs. Bringing team members together through a virtual environment can be a challenging task.
This workshop identifies these challenges and helps participants push through to success. In the 4-session practical and experiential Leading High Performance Virtual Teams workshop, we will work with the participants to see how important it is to develop a core set of high performance skills, while working remotely. By knowing and managing the way people interact in a remote environment, you will be setting up your high performance teams to accomplish any task.
We will help participants become better at leading team members and work effectively with their people by learning how to communicate better, give constructive feedback for improvement, coach for better performance, and understand and leverage team dynamics to good effect.
- Learn about the importance of creating high performance virtual teams.
- Leverage team dynamics and develop the team effectively for effective results.
- Communicate with clarity and authenticity to ensure correct understanding.
- Listen empathically and with curiosity to build rapport and trust.
- Learn the techniques of conducting effective virtual meetings.
- Use relevant tools to communicate, coach and collaborate productively.
- Coach and motivate team members for better performance and development.
- Give effective positive and constructive feedback to team members
The Remote Learning session will be conducted in 4-sessions via Zoom or similar technology. It includes:
- Knowledge facilitation sessions, paired discussions, video presentations, and some group work.
- Participants will be encouraged to participate and share work and personal related examples.
Recommended Etiquette for Remote Program:
- Ensure Wi-Fi stability throughout the entire remote program.
- Preferred means of following the remote program is either desktop or laptop.
- Audio and video features must be made available for communications between instructor and participants. No participants will be admitted without audio or video transmission.
- Participants are committed to attend all sessions on a prompt and on-time basis.
- Video recording of sessions will not be released to participants
Who Should Attend?
- Team Managers who want to hit the ground running with actionable virtual tools and skills in individual management and team management.
- Senior managers who are responsible for mentoring new managers to lead their virtual teams more effectively towards higher performance.
Sanjay Mehta is a trainer, facilitator and coach with almost 20 years of career experience mostly in the IT industry, leading businesses and teams locally, regionally in Asia and in USA. His years in the IT field saw him work for Microsoft where he remained from 2000 to 2009 and was involved in various senior technical, business and managerial roles.
Areas of expertise include Business Management and Operations, Readiness Management including Training Development and Delivery, Program and Project Management, Change Management, Customer and Call Centre Support, Account Management, Consulting, Technical Sales and Systems Management.
He has a wide profile of training and coaching experience in areas such as Leadership, Management, Innovation, Change, Projects, Process and Technology. He is fascinated with the world of Neuroscience and Positive Psychology and its applications to optimizing brain performance and enhancing learning to increase human performance and be more responsive and resilient to change. He was awarded the Top 10 Trainers 2016 at the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM). He also was selected to join SPRING Singapore’s SkillsFuture Mentor Program this year.
Sanjay is a Certified Associate of Emergenetics and conducts coaching and workshops using Emergenetics, focussing on Change, Innovation, Leadership, Communications and Teambuilding among others. He is also an Accredited Administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and The Workplace Big 5 Profile and conducts assessments and workshops in this area. He similarly incorporates these into his coaching and training sessions as well.
Sanjay is also a Certified Coach with a Certificate of Coaching Skills from Results Coaching Systems now known as the Neuroleadership Institute (NLI). His coaching focus is on executives, entrepreneurs and people making changes or transitions in work or life. He completed a Certificate Program in Neuroleadership this year with distinction focussing on the Neuroscience of Change.
Sanjay has worked with various partners to deliver quality programs and solutions to companies and institutions from various sectors like Public Sector, Telco, Banking, Insurance, Engineering, Healthcare, Logistics, IT, Education and others. Examples include Microsoft, HP, SAP, StarHub, Singtel, DHL, IDA, Ceva Logistics, Visa, UOB, Citibank, AIA, Prudential, SMU, NCS, Singhealth, Evonik, AIC, NUHS, Changi General, SGH, MCYS, SPF, MOH, Wincor Nixdorf, T-Systems, Advantest, ASML, Daimler, Sennheiser, Sony, URA among others. His partners include Singapore Institute of Management, ODE Consulting, Kaplan Professional, McGhee Productivity Solutions, Minaya Solutions, EMG International, Emergenetics Asia, 5hue, The Learning Paradigm, Qua Aliter Associates, Trost Learning and KOSH Consulting.
Sanjay holds a Bachelor’s Degree with a Double Major in Computer Science and Economics and a Minor in Mathematics from Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA. His primary focus was on Information Systems Management and International Economics. He completed his secondary school education in Raffles Institution and Raffles Junior College and was involved in various leadership roles in the Students Council, Social Services Group and Red Cross Society.
2-3 Sep 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9 am – 5 pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount