Managing & Engaging with Distributors
by Tina McDowell
Why You Should Attend This Course
Suppliers are beginning to turn to distributors more frequently in an effort to increase brand awareness, market penetration and overall relationships with end-users.
‘Marry in haste, repent at leisure’ _ this is often the most common problem in B2B distributor relationships.
Principal and distributor get swept along by the early market opportunity and get disillusioned when this opportunity fails to materialise or grow beyond the initial bubble. With 70% of most distributed relationships ending in failure, an approach is required that mitigates against this risk. Understand the first element of the framework ‘pre-relationship, partnership planning and living the partnership are critical.
“A good principal will sit down with their distribution partners to map out where they are, where they want to go and identify what success looks like, and work to match them up with customers that are in ‘emerging’ markets the distributors wants to tap, as well as existing markets that they can grow in.”
- Review the performance of individual business indicators and identify the market factors influencing the business goals
- Identify strategic business processes and policies, distributors engagement and management guidelines to achieve 2018 business revenue and industry growth
- Eliminating poor performance using a foolproof partner selection or evaluation process
- Shaking up complacency and empowering channel partners to embrace change.
- Developing a strategy to align yourself with distributors
- Create a distributor requirement and assessment framework and draft a win-win Distributor Agreement
- Instilling accountability to motivate your channel partners to get the job done and done right.
|0900||Common Mistakes Manufacturer when dealing with distributors|
Building Supplier-Distributor Partnership
Formulating 2018 Distributor Business Plan
Role-play: conducting business review with your distributor
Motivating Distributors for Optimum Performance
Reviewing Distributor Relationship
Managing Non-Performing Distributors & Distributorship Termination
Channel Choice & Management
Selection & Choosing of Distributor
Practical session: searching for the right distributor
Meeting & Appointing A Potential Distributor
Creating Distributor Agreement Exclusive vs Non-exclusive types
Training of Distributors
Managing Channels Conflict
|1630||Post-workshop Action Plan:|
This workshop is highly participative, using a range of techniques to involve the participants and motivate them to improve their skills and attitudes. Information sessions will be followed by practical work linked to actual accounts and prospects of your company. Case studies will be used to illustrate skills, and participants will develop their own real case study for post-workshop action plan.
Tina McDowell has been a trainer and consultant for the past 23 years. She has helped hundreds of people realise their potential as employees for their organisations. By making her courses highly participative, she instils a certain flavour of excitement in participants to improve at their jobs. In 1997, she inspired a group of people in Union Carbide to win the Chairman’s award for winning behaviours, productivity and costs saving.
Her experience includes conducting presentation skills, selling skills, sales & negotiations for sales executives & procurement executives. She has worked with sales executives and engineers in Nokia, Schlumberger & Texas Instrument Philippines to analyse their sales strategies to enhance partnership and engagement with the customers.
She has also done consulting work in many of the Asean countries including Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Taiwan, Korea, China, and Philippines.
06 – 07 Oct 2021
28 – 29 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- SDF Available (Non-WSQ) Code: CRS-N-0047087
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount