Managing Stress & Achieving Wellness
by James Suresh
Why You Should Attend This Course
This highly interactive course will provide participants with an insight into the causes of physical and psychological stress. Participants will learn to identify the symptoms of stress and what can be done to relieve stress at a personal level. They will also be taught how to develop a positive outlook and gain work satisfaction through emotional management including anger management. A holistic approach to wellness will also be introduced including deep breathing exercises, music therapy, aroma therapy and laughter therapy to help them gain a more resilient personality and learn to focus on the positive side of living and working.
- Understand how stress and anger affects our emotions and performance
- Appreciate the benefits of positive thoughts and a resilient attitude
- Learn useful techniques in relieving stress and achieving wellness
- Defining stress and managing anger
- The mind body and soul approach to managing stress
- Types of stress i.e. Macro and Micro stressors
- Adaptive and mal-adaptive responses
- The power of positive thinking and positive actions
- Signs and symptoms of stress, how to recognise and take action
- Balancing work, family and personal life
- Diet, exercise, sleep and how they reduce stress
- Wellness techniques including aroma therapy, music, massage, laughter therapy
- Visualisation and breathing exercises
- Personal action plan
Anyone who appreciates the importance of general well-being and achieving peak performance at work and play.
James Suresh is a multi-talented trainer and best-selling author. He has over 18 years of training experience. The co-creator of Singapore’s comic icon ‘Mr. Kiasu’, James has written comic books and recently wrote and published a best-selling illustrated book on Singapore which has won two awards.
He is an accredited PR practitioner, a certified FISH trainer as well as an EQ Trainer with Six Seconds Inc (USA) an NLP practitioner and a certified teacher with NIE.
James has been featured on news radio in the ‘Positive Business Minutes’ series and on Channel News Asia for his role in promoting community cohesion and interaction. He has also been featured in press advertisements promoting the Singapore Kindness movement.
James specialises in Creative Thinking, Interpersonal Skills and Motivation. He is an accredited PR practitioner and council member of the Institute of Public Relations Singapore. James holds a Masters in Communication Management and a Bachelors in Business Administration.
08 – 09 Sep 2021
08 – 09 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount