New Managers, New Leaders Bootcamp
by Raymond Thomas
Why You Should Attend This Course
Today’s leaders face enormous demands and high expectations. They need to maintain flexibility and focus on accomplishing goals and objectives determined by the stakeholders. If you want to be a highly capable leader, you’ll not only need technical competence, but also clear social and organisational competencies.
In this two-day New Managers, New Leaders Bootcamp, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to transit from an individual contributor to a new leader. You will be able to use these leadership skills to inspire and nurture your team’s focus towards greater workplace performance and ultimately, career success.
Using behavioural assessment tools to unravel your personal leadership style, learn and practice behaviours and skills that will transform your ability to lead people and communicate in high stakes conversations. Through these efforts, you will realise how you can lead more effectively, develop effective relationships and improve productivity.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of your role to organisational success
- Distinguish between management and leadership roles
- Identify your leadership style using the DiSC™ profiling tool
- Transit effectively from individual contributor to a new manager
- Enhance your effective and assertive communication skills
- Identify and handle conflict resolution strategies at the workplace
- Learn to coach and delegate effectively and positively
- Manage performance and enable employees to succeed in their roles
- Appreciate team development process
- Identify traits and best practices for leveraging effective teams
Understanding your role
- Leader or Manager – understand the difference
- Transition process from individual contributor to leader
- Leadership roles – Organisational, Personal, People and Thought
Identify your leadership style
- DiSC™ profiling to identify your leadership style
- Know your style – know their style – keys to understanding people
- How to build more effective relationships
Essential communications skills
- Effective and assertive communication through the 3V model
- Importance of positive communication
- 5-strategy techniques to handle conflict
Performance management and accountability
- Performance management through business and personal alignment
- Effective approaches to motivate and support team members
- Mutual accountability process
Delegating and coaching
- Basics of delegation
- 6 levels of authority in successful delegation
- Coaching for influence and commitment
Building effective teams
- Team development model – 3P and 3C
- Characteristics of high performance teams
- Team management strategies
- Executives who are transitioning to a level of leading and coaching team members.
- New managers who want to hit the ground running with actionable tools and skills.
- Seasoned managers who want to brush up on their management techniques or want to explore the latest best-practice skills and tools in leadership.
- Senior managers who are responsible for mentoring new managers and looking for ways to transfer essential skills.
Raymond Thomas is the Founder and Managing Director of The Leadership Paradigm, a leading provider in the field of leadership skills enhancement and management. He is also an Entrepreneur, Consultant, Speaker and Coach, with more than 20 years leadership experience collaborating with local and multinational organisations.
Raymond inspires and engages leadership change elements which are aligned to business needs. His passion is in the fields of leadership, critical thinking, operations and management. His seminars and workshops are fun, interactive and designed to maximise learning retention.
Raymond is also the Immediate Past President (2015-16) and professional member of the Asia Professional Speakers Singapore (APSS).
13 – 14 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- SDF Available (Non-WSQ) Code: CRS-N-0024055
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount