Planning & Managing Events
by James Suresh
Planning Great Events and Achieving Flawless Execution
This course is designed to help participants understand and apply the principles of effective event management. It will introduce participants to best practices from a practitioner’s perspective and familiarise them with the 4-stage process for planning and implementing events successfully. Participants will also be introduced to the tools for analysing and managing events.
- Learn the best practices which can be applied to planning and implementing events
- Learn the 4-stage process for planning and thinking about events
- Practice and apply the tools for each stage of event management
- Defining Events – What constitutes an event and the elements of an event
- The strategic picture – how to factor organisation’s mission and vision to the event objectives, and focusing on the purpose
- P2E2 Model of Event Management – includes elements of Purpose, Planning, Execution and Evaluation
- Defining Purpose – Focusing on the compelling reasons for having an event as the medium
- 4 Cs for successful Event Management including clarity in purpose, consistency, change management, checkpoints
- Value of Planning – How thorough planning contributes to successful implementation
- Checklists – Various checklists for planning including: Choice of dates, Program design, Schedule, Venue selection checklist, Evaluation checklist, Invitation checklist, Promotions checklist, Catering checklist, Equipment checklist, etc.
- Contingency planning – checklist for contingency plans
- Practical Considerations – Organising committees, sub committees
- Flawless Execution
- Managers and supervisors who need to plan small and large scale events for the public and customers.
- Those who need to organise annual D&D, staff retreats, conferences, cohesion programmes, etc for inhouse staff.
- Those who are interested to learn the basics of how to plan, co-ordinate and implement events professionally.
James Suresh is a multi-talented trainer and best-selling author. He has over 18 years of training experience. The co-creator of Singapore’s comic icon ‘Mr. Kiasu’, James has written comic books and recently wrote and published a best-selling illustrated book on Singapore which has won two awards.
He is an accredited PR practitioner, a certified FISH trainer as well as an EQ Trainer with Six Seconds Inc (USA) an NLP practitioner and a certified teacher with NIE.
James has been featured on news radio in the ‘Positive Business Minutes’ series and on Channel NewsAsia for his role in promoting community cohesion and interaction. He has also been featured in press advertisements promoting the Singapore Kindness movement.
James specialises in Creative Thinking, Interpersonal Skills and Motivation. He is an accredited PR practitioner and council member of the Institute of Public Relations Singapore. He holds a Masters in Communication Management and a Bachelors in Business Administration.
Remarks: UTAP Funding available for NTUC Members. Valid for courses commencing before 31 March 2018 only.
20 – 21 Oct 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- SDF Available (Non-WSQ) Code: CRS-N-0022669
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount