Polish Up your Professional Image for Career Advancement
by Teo Ser Lee
This Course have 2 sections. Please refer to the sections below for more information.
- Corporate etiquette
- Projecting your professional image
Upgrade your people skills with tools that will help you reach your professional goals! This seminar not only helps you to enhance your professional image but also provides leadership skills that you can implement immediately to help you project confidence and authority.
PROJECTING YOUR PROFESSIONAL IMAGE
The image you project will be the “first impression” given to the customers / clients / business partners. Having the right image will impress them and draw their attention right away, melting any of their apprehension and meeting their expectations.
Benefits of Etiquette & Protocol Intelligence
Etiquette and protocol intelligence will distinguish you from the crowd. While this unique intelligence alone may not get you anywhere, it will give you an edge that will make the difference between you and another person who is just as smart!
Eye Contact / Eye Signals
- Various eye signals for business and social environment.
- How to maintain correct eye contact.
Improve Mingling Proficiency
- How to improve your small talk ability.
- Subjects for small talk.
- How to enter and exit from a group of strangers who may be your potential clients.
- Positive and negative body language.
- Deportment and posture.
- Various ways of handshaking that reveals your personality.
- Power points for handshaking.
- International ways of handshaking.
- How to introduce yourself with confidence and authority.
- Protocol for business introductions.
- Formulas for proper formal and informal introductions.
Forms of Address
- How to address the President, Chief Justice, diplomat, etc.
- Formulas for remembering names.
Business Card Protocol
- How to present the business card.
- How to make your business card an effective visual communications package.
Part One: Fashion Sense
Your Image is Showing
- First impressions
Planning your Career Wardrobe
- Basic Career Wardrobe
- Traditional Business Attire for Men / Women
- Combining ties, shirts, pants, suits for maximum visual impact
- Clothes to suit different women body proportions
- Guidelines on shoes, socks, belts, watches, handkerchiefs, briefcases and other accessories for Men
- Guidelines on shoes, pantyhose, jewellery, belts, briefcases and other accessories for Women
- Formal and Informal Dressing
- White Tie
- Black Tie
- Black Tie Preferred / Optional / Invited
- Formal / Informal
Part Two: Colours
- Psychological Association of Colours
- Colour Tips to help you project your professional image
- Selecting the right colours for you
- Colour Coordination
- Guiding principles to harmonizing colors; The Colour Wheel
- Colour to project professionalism and confidence (Individual body analysis and colour analysis can be done. An individual colour chart will also be given to each participant.)
Teo Ser Lee, PBM is the Founder and Director of Protocol Academy Pte Ltd, Singapore’s pioneer in etiquette and protocol services. Ms Teo is trained and certified by The Protocol School of Washington where she specializes in Corporate Etiquette & International Protocol. She is also a qualified Colour & Make-up Artist, Personal Stylist and Image Consultant as well as an associate of APICSA (Association of Professional Image Consultants of South Africa).
She caters to mid and top level executives who wish to enhance their self-confidence, heighten their communication skills, outshine their competition and increase their bottom line. Customised seminars are geared to educate, motivate and meet the needs of today’s busy executives.
Besides giving personalized trainings to top level executives of multi-national corporations, she also conducts trainings in the finer points of etiquette, protocol and projecting a professional image. Some of her clients include Singapore Power, Singapore General Hospital, Carlson Marketing Group, Reed Exhibitions, Raffles Holdings, MediaCorp Radio, UOB Bank, DBS Bank, OCBC Bank, Bangkok Bank, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Defence, Genting Highland Resorts, SMU, NTU, NUS, ITE, Singapore Sports School, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd, Social Development Unit, Philips Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd, NTUC Income Insurance, International SOS Pte Ltd, Tetra Pak Asia, among many others. She was also the trainer for Ms Singapore / Universe 2004 and Mr / Ms Teens 2004.
Ms Teo has been featured in several major newspapers and magazines, amongst them are The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, The New Paper, Today, Streats, Lianhe Zaobao (Chinese newspapers), Lianhe Wanbao (Chinese newspapers), Her World, Elle magazine, Simply Her and many others.
07 Sep 2021
09 Nov 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount