Time & Stress Management
by Samantha Sim
Why You Should Attend This Course
In today’s less structured and information-driven workplace, our daily dilemma is that we have too much to do and not enough time to do it. With critical deadlines, competing and/or changing priorities and an avalanche of information to digest, individuals often feel overwhelmed if not stressed. Being able to manage time effectively is basic to managing individual and organisational performance.
This course will provide a practical examination of time management issues facing the participants and help participants understand their own time management problems; establish and maintain a system for prioritising; plan their time, identify and change their poor work habits. With effective time management skills, individuals will be able to better manage the daily challenge of their professional and personal responsibilities to enjoy life outside of work.
The course is highly participative with personality profiling, self-assessments, stress and time management games and activities throughout.
- Understand and identify personal causes of stress
- Apply some of the principles of time management to increase productivity on the job and at home, and enhance the quality of work with less stress
- Understand and recognise the different work styles, and learn to better understand self, to empathise and relate well to people especially in group projects
Time Management & Stress: Creating Work-Life Balance
- Why are we so stressed out?
- What is modern-day stress?
- Effects of stress
- Reactions to stress
- Identifying your stressors
- Gaining control and managing stress positively: identifying the steps to achieve a healthy balance in your life
- Better time management: Understanding the essence of time management
Key to Effective Time Management
- CAN-Do Attitude to change poor work habits
- Self-knowledge and goal-setting
- Prioritising: Put First Things First
- Planning & Scheduling to make the most of your time
- Controlling Major Time Wasters
- Team Time Management: Learning to think and act with respect to individual’s own time to fit into the greater whole
Anyone who wish to get more out of life and get more done in the time they have available.
**Participants will be required to answer a personality questionnaire.
Class size for public run: 12-15 (assuming all are from different companies)
Samantha Simbrings with her a solid background in modern learning concepts and techniques. She has over 25 years of experience working with business professionals, corporations and government agencies in various industries. Her strengths lie in customer service, teambuilding, personal effectiveness and image management. She has partnered corporations like Raffles Hotel, Banyan Tree, Frasers Hospitality, IATA, SIA, Far East Organization, Aspire, Bosch, Unilever, Union Bank, Starbucks, Performance Motors, BMS (China), Union Bank (Manila), International SOS, Russian Railways, Pat’s School House, PSA, Raffles Medical Group, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singhealth, ST Engineering group and others, effectively improving their performance in targeted areas ST Engineering group, Busybees Asia, Seager Inc. For all her workshops, she prides herself in customizing the learning activities to unlock potential & grow learning individuals. She knows there is a big differencebetween training and learning: Learning requires repeat practice, spread over time, to transform the learned concepts into skills that enable the learner to use the new knowledge smoothly in one’s own work environment. With that strong belief, she often injects on-the-spot practical, relevant activities that not only makes learning fun and exciting but also for easy transfer of learning. In her previous appointment with Singapore Airlines (SIA), Samantha was responsible for professionalizing a team of 800 cabin crew members committed to SIA Cabin Crew Training Vision of developing service professionals of distinction within a learning culture. Drawing upon 10 years of multicultural experience in the airline industry, she continues to innovate and improve, offering training & consultancy services. She has helped many organizations facilitate operational projects, collaborating with internal key stakeholders to assess & fine-tune workflow efficiency to trouble-shoot potential issues and provide feasible solutions and/or recommend targeted improvements. Her years of consultancy and training experiences have provided her with an unusual sensitivity to the learning needs of different levels of working professionals in various industries. Her passion in learning also leads her to build bite-size concept videos & story-telling situational scenarios that incorporate her participants’ work situations to further captivate her online learners. And she runs selective workshops in Mandarin.
Workshops for Customer Service include
- Managing Difficult Customers Professionally
- Mastering Service Recovery with Confidence
- Creating the Ultimate Customer Experience: The Human Moment
- The White-Glove Service
- Engaging the Public Professionally (for events such as NDP, Open House etc.)
- Service Innovation
- Service Leadership
- Writing to Customers with Empathy & Tact
Workshops for Personal Effectiveness & Others include
- Transformational Leadership
- The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
- Enhancing Performance through Effective Supervision
- Growing Others through Coaching
- Conflict Management
- Effective Facilitation Skills
- Presenting with Impact
- Presentation Slides Essentials
- Behavioral Interviewing Skills
- Business Etiquette & Corporate Image
- Personality Analysis
Educational & professional qualifications
- Certified Behavioral Consultant (DiSC & MBTI)
- Certified Six Seconds EQ Practitioner
- ACTA-certified trainer
- SQC (Singapore Quality Class) Assessor certification
- Master of Arts, National University of Singapore
- Bachelor of Arts, National University of Singapore
01 Nov 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9 am – 5 pm
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount