Transforming Teams from Good to Great
by Madeline Earnest
Why You Should Attend This Course
This modular course provides practice in the skills, which every manager must have in order to manage a team successfully. Participants will become more aware of their own managerial and leadership styles. Throughout the programme, participants will be engaged in exercises that pinpoint their strengths and bring to light opportunities for development and improvement with respect to managing teams. There will be interactive activities focusing on the full spectrum of management activities a manager will have to perform to ensure his team performs.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Analyse your team and balance it efficiently to receive maximum results
- Apply team building skills
- Fine-tune communication skills when relating with team members
- Apply the right technique and develop their emotional intelligence
- Understand how to delegate effectively
- Deliver constructive feedback
- Develop win-win solutions when resolving conflicts
- The TORI team-building model
- Five stages of team development
- Team problem solving
- Understanding strengths and weaknesses within the team
Building Trust & Respect
- 4 elements of trust: Honesty, Openness, Consistency & Fairness
- Strategies to keep all elements visible in your dealing
- Planning & Initiating
- Controlling & Supporting
- Informing & Evaluating
Communication Strategies for a Team Leader
- Pay attention to both verbal & non-verbal communication
- Language & cultural barriers
- Brush up on negotiating skills required on a daily basis
Applying Emotional Intelligence
- What it really means?
- Do I have it?
- Instilling it in the team
Having a Firm Hand on Conflicts
- The TKI: Styles to resolve conflicts
- Strategies and best practices
- Complete supervision
- Partial supervision
- Complete independence
- Characteristics of good feedback
- Feedback delivery tools
From Executives to Middle Management-Level who have to lead teams in the organisations.
Madeline Ernest has more than 10 years of experience in education and in-house training. Madeline started as an educator. After which, she made the exciting leap into the world of advertising and brand communications where she chalked up 14 years of valuable experience at renowned global agencies working on prestigious international brands, including Visa International, Samsung and adidas. She left the world of advertising in 2009 to purse an MBA at James Cook University, (Singapore).
The ability to engage, influence and inspire comes easily to Madeline as its part of her DNA. Madeline has a unique advantage of blending her experiences from the vibrant advertising industry that is underpinned with her training as a qualified educator. Having been trained as an educator, Madeline is able to help simplify language rules, provide strategies, avoiding language pitfalls on how best to handle business writing.
Madeline has facilitated training sessions on a wide spectrum of topics, which broadly fall into the cluster areas of Branding, Communication and Effectiveness.
Madeline is an enthusiastic and creative trainer. She has trained senior management and non-executive staff alike and is able to pitch the content accordingly.
Madeline specialises in:
- Critical Thinking
- The Art of Leading and Managing People
- Communicating with Confidence and Clarity
- Working with A Multi-Generational Workforce
- Customer Service – The Art of Saying No Positively
- Leading and Managing Effective Meetings
- Personal Effectiveness
- Business Writing – Report and Proposal Writing, Effective Emails, Effective Writing Skills, Writing Agendas and Minutes
- Root Cause Analysis
- Taking the Initiative at Work
- Winning with Difficult People
Her clients include AGC, Singapore Academy of Law, Allianz SE Asia, Fuji Xerox, National Gallery, Pacific Life Re Limited, YKK AP, Clarins, MINDS, RichLand Logistics, Nagase, Hilton Asia Pacific, Raffles Medical Group, Twitter, PSA, Singapore Turf Club, Income, Spring Singapore, RR Donnelly Financial Services, B Braun, SP Services, Wartsila, ST Aerospace, Singtel, M1, Marvell Asia, NTN-Bearing, Taiyo-Yuden, Singapore Police Force, SNEF, ISCA, Restaurant Association of Singapore and Singapore Press Holdings.
20 – 21 Sep 2021
17 – 18 Nov 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9 am – 5 pm
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount