Workplace Interpersonal Skills
by Cecilia Sim
Why You Should Attend This Course
The workforce is continuously facing challenges from changing workplace environment, the pressure of workload, hierarchy, cultural differences and working with various stakeholders.
Individuals with interpersonal skills build positive working relationship with others through understand emotions, share differences, resolve conflicts, giving or receiving feedback in a constructive manner. They interact successfully to gain consensus from stakeholders and decision makers, and foster positive communication climate within the challenging workplace environment.
They rise to the top in their personal effectiveness, help to reduce the cost of rehiring and training cost and contribute significantly to the organisational growth.
This workshop is practical, interactive and lively. It walks participants through workplace scenarios, in which they practice and develop strong interpersonal skills to interact well with other people.
- Enhance confidence to overcome the barriers/challenges of communicating
- Develop interpersonal skills to resolve conflicts, build consensus, trust, and stronger working relationship with others
- Create positive exchanges and collaborations with others towards expected results
** Upon completion of this course, participants may progress to attend:
- Understand the types and impact of interpersonal relationships.
- Develop the qualities of interpersonal skills for personal and team effectiveness.
- Manage emotions of self and others for positive relationship.
- Build positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Improve non-verbal communication to read others easily and accurately.
- Work with people whose personalities and communication styles are different from you.
- Increase your people power to connect and rapport with people effortlessly.
- Deliver criticism and solve conflict in a constructive manner.
- Handle diverse and difficult people with less stress and more understanding.
- Identify and eliminate interpersonal habits in your personal action plan.
Increasing interpersonal success through understanding types and impact of interpersonal relationships
- Types of interpersonal styles and impacts to an organisation
- Self/peer assessment of your interpersonal skills – in the eyes of others
- The characteristic and quality of ideal interpersonal performer
Increasing interpersonal success through self-awareness for positive relationship
- Self/peer assessment of your self awareness and EQ – in the eyes of others
- Broaden your self-awareness though understanding the Emotional Intelligence (E.I.) competencies for positive relationship
- Learn to avoid emotional triggers and take control in managing intimidating personalities
- Application of EI in your workplace for managing our relationship with colleagues for building trust and understanding
Managing workforce diversity with effective communication styles
- Understand behaviour types and communication styles
- Self-assessment profile on behaviours and communication styles
- Strategies for interacting with others who are different from you
- Identify gaps of interpersonal habits for personal improvement
- Influencing others when communicating your ideas and gain respect
Establishing positive workplace interpersonal communication for rapport building
- Recognise and overcome sender, receiver and environmental barriers of communication
- Speak the language of the audience
- Master questioning and active listening skills to connect with people
- Read body language and nonverbal cues
- Learn the power of praise and staying in touch for producing results
- Deliver positive and constructive feedback
Working through conflict and managing difficult people
- Learn to recognise types of conflicts and its root causes
- Develop strategies to resolve conflict for group collaboration and better relationship
- Deliver and receive criticism effectively
- Handle diverse and difficult people with less stress and more understanding
Anyone who wants to excel in interpersonal skills for increasing their relationships with others to get things done effectively.
Cecilia Sim, Corporate Facilitator
Cecilia strongly believes that people can develop their potential at both the personal and professional level. She is highly enthusiastic and motivated in facilitating participants to uncover and develop their personal and professional potentials. Being a practitioner, she facilitates and engages participants by using simulated real-life cases and practical examples to enhance their learning and application. Cecilia includes gap analysis training methodology and walks participants through the self-discovery process to review workplace experiences, highlight necessary changes, and revitalizes the next few action steps for personal development and better results.
She has strong people skills and cross-border experiences in working with participants across different industries and cultures in the region. Cecilia has more than 25 years of extensive industry experiences from her various roles as trainer/facilitator, pre-sales consultant, assistant director, and General Managers across the MNC, SMEs, and Start-ups of various industries including IT, education, membership, and management consulting. Her responsibilities for director and general management role include portfolio repositioning, change management, performance management and sales results of her team and organization.
Cecilia is a bilingual facilitator and has broad experience in facilitating training for thousands of companies from different industries. Her key competencies include corporate training, course development, mentoring, and management consultancy services in the areas of sales, marketing, management, communication and customer services. The participants in which she has conducted for public and in-house company training include C-level, senior managements, executives and professionals at local, regional and international levels.
Her partial list of corporate clients in addition to public seminars include A* Star, American Express, Bhutan Royal Insurance, Cargo Community Network, CrimsonLogic, Premier Rent-A-Car, Far East Organization, Ferring Pharmaceutical, Fugro Satellite Positioning, GFK, Güntner Asia Pacific, MTU Asia, Novartis (Thailand), Nitto Denko, Kennametal, Rutledge, Spa Esprit Group, City Bank, Chubb Singapore, Step Oiltools, Weatherford (Brunei), Sumitomo Chemical Asia, Pico Electronics, National Instruments, NTUC, Singapore Tourism Board amongst others.
Cecilia holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Adelaide (Australia), and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Northeastern University, Boston, USA (Honor, major in Management Information System). She also holds the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and WSQ Certified trainer for Service Professional (CSP) trainer, GEMS (going the extra miles). She is a certified KPI professional by KPI Institute.
18 – 19 Nov 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9 am – 5 pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount