Art of Presenting with Charts & Figures
by Kevin Ryan
Why You Should Attend This Course
In the age of information, we are often overloaded with data and are required to convert these data into useful information, present this information effectively to influence, convince and inspire our audience.
Are you able to transform data into useful information, presenting them using charts and figures to deliver powerful message to your audience?
Are you able to create an interesting story using numbers in order to capture and maintain your audience’s attention in order to achieve your objectives?
This 2-day interactive course is designed to provide you with a collaborative and supportive environment to learn practical hands-on skills. It helps you improve your presentation skills and master the art of presenting using charts and figures to deliver your message across in a powerful way with high impact. It focuses on the ways that will maximize the impact of the numerical information in the presentation and ensure they are easy to read and interpret. You will also learn the issues that need to be addressed during the presentation, how to manage your psychological well-being and how to manage the audience in order to deliver world-class presentations.
Note: Participants are required to bring laptops (with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint) for hands-on exercises. Participants without laptops will be provided with colour pens to learn manually.
Remarks: UTAP Funding available for NTUC Members
- Improve your presentation skills with confidence to influence, convince and inspire your audience
- Gain practical insights of high impact presentation
- Obtain practical hands-on knowledge to select and create charts and to communicate numbers effectively to your audience
- Manage and improve the psychological aspects to deliver powerful, world-class presentation
- Increase your ability to incorporate numerical information in your presentations to support your case and deliver your message in a concise and clear manner
- Establish credibility as a professional presenter in achieving desired outcomes and objectives
- Powerful Way to Start a Presentation
- Conquering Short Attention Span
- Managing Your Audience
- Powerful Way to End a Presentation
- Managing Psychological Aspects in Presentation
Selecting Charts & Formats of Presentation
- The Science behind Good Data Visualization
- Learning Types of Data Presentation Formats
- Selecting Data Presentation Formats
- Chart & Table Selection Guidelines
Creating Charts & Figures in Presentation
- Designing Persuasive Charts and Tables
- Anatomy of Charts
- Clear and Effective Chart Creation
- Use of Labels and Legends
Effective Presentations Using Charts & Figures
- Delivering Message using Charts & Figures
- Issues to be addressed when presenting to different audiences
- Achieving Clarity and Impact
- Anyone who presents and wants to improve their presentation skills
- All executives, entrepreneurs and business owners who present to customers, management, investors, and other stakeholders using charts and figures
- Participants should have at least a basic proficiency in using Microsoft Charts and Excel to benefit more from this course
Kevin Ryan is an experienced conference speaker, workshop leader, facilitator and MC. He has twenty-five years experience as a corporate trainer and fifteen years experience as a professional speaker.
Kevin speaks at conferences and seminars across Asia, Australia, New Zealand and UK. He specialises in the areas of customer service, communication skills, networking and relationship building, negotiation skills and presentation skills. His clients include large corporations, government departments, and small to medium size enterprises.
Kevin has co-authored nine books on business communication skills and humour in businesses that are used extensively throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the UK and South Africa. He writes regular columns on communication skills, sales & customer service and humour in business for a number of industry magazines. He is the creator of the TILT! Selling program.
Kevin is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) which is the highest possible level in professional speaking and the only one recognised internationally. He is a Past National President of the National Speakers Association of Australia.
Kevin spent over thirty years in sales, sales management and sales training before becoming a full-time speaker and workshop leader. His passion is helping underperforming salespeople lift their performance and taking top sales performers to the next level so they can reach their full potential. He is also one of the few sales trainers specializing in sales presentations – particularly relevant for those selling to a board, committee or assessment panel.
18 – 19 Oct 2021
01 – 02 Dec 2021
The class offers in-class or virtual learning
- Time: 9am – 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 10% Discount
- Register for 8 or more participants to enjoy 10% Group Discount